Saturday, May 11, 2013

Last Saturday in Rome

Finals start for me on Monday. I'm stressing much. I don't want to study--I just want to enjoy my last few days in Rome. I want to say a proper goodbye. So today I combined the two--I went to the library in the early afternoon and then headed to the center of Rome before dinner. Studying is studying. Nothing exciting to discuss. But my trip was very bittersweet. I took a stroll to Gelateria Teatro, on Via di S. Simone. I knew generally where it was but then I actually got there without a map. It was crazy. The gelato was delicious. They had natural flavors and unusual combinations. I got white chocolate and ginger. It was creamy and smooth. Yum. Then I headed across the Tiber to the Church of the Sacred Heart of Suffrage, aka the home of the museum of the little souls of purgatory. However, when I got to the church, I couldn't open the door. Neither could the old Italian man. We were hopelessly confused. But then someone came out and we went inside the church. There was a choir concert going on so I couldn't go to the museum. It was a nice surprise to stumble upon. I still have Wednesday afternoon/night to see Rome for the last time. I just need to get through my finals!






No comments:

Post a Comment