Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pastificio and Giolitti

Today was my unofficial food tour of Rome. I went to Pastificio for lunch and Giolitti for gelato afterwards. They both have been praised many times and I needed to try them before I leave in two weeks. So first up was Pastificio. A little place by the Spanish Steps, you would have no idea what wonderfulness is inside. When I arrived at 1:05, the line was out the door. I had to wait 20 minutes or so for my pasta. It only serves lunch from 1 to 2 and only has two pasta dishes per day. I got something--not really sure what. It was thick spaghetti in a red sauce. But it was very yummy. You can get your pasta to go or find a space on the counter to eat there. They have complementary wine and water. And the best part? It was a big serving for only 4 euros. I want to go back before I leave!


before

after
 My dessert was gelato at Giolitti. I had to wait a little because the pasta filled me up. So I walked 10 minutes to Giolitti, which is near the Pantheon, right by Piazza Colonna. There was a line but I didn't mind waiting. I had to pick from the many delicious flavors. I ended up getting mint and biscotto oreo with cream on top. It was so good. The cream went well with the flavors. The mint was so minty--it was a natural taste. And it was a decent size too.



Pastificio
Via Della Croce, 8

Giolitti
Via degli Uffici del Vicario, 40

No comments:

Post a Comment