Tuesday, April 30, 2013

EUR

Today was my last day of "Art of Rome." I am so thrilled sad to be finished with that class, except for the final in two weeks. For class, we met at the Colosseum metro station. Well first, I thought I wasn;t going to make it on time. The tram was packed so I walked to the bus--but the bus just left! I would have had to wait another 10 minutes or so and I already was freaking out. I decided to get on the tram and then take the 75 bus. It worked perfectly. I got off the tram and ran to catch the 75. Made it in time. And then I was 25 minutes early for class! Who knew?

Anyway, we got on the metro to go to EUR. In 1942, there was supposed to be a world fair in Rome. However, a little event got in the way (aka WWII for those people who don't know anything) and the project was stopped. So Mussolini planned EUR to celebrate facism and Italy's greatness. Now, it is a business and residential area. It is very spread out, in a grid, with wide streets. It felt like America. But the buildings are all very minimalistic and plain.

cube Colosseum

looks like St. Peter's



No comments:

Post a Comment