Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vatican Museums

My on-site art history class took me to the Vatican Museums. With no bus pass bought for April, I decided to not ride illegally but to walk the three miles there. It was a beautiful day so I didn't mind. There were a few glitches in the beginning, but it ended up working out. It was a bit of a hassle exiting because they corral you in one direction through the Sistine Chapel. I can't imagine what it is like in the summer. It was packed today and it was a Tuesday in April. There was a lot to see--the place is huge. We just hit seven or eight pieces because we gave group presentations. Honestly though, being in Rome has made me sick of religious art. So much of it everywhere.

hey, you're supposed to be in Paris!

on my walk this morning

one part of the Museums

some art we looked at

St. Jerome by da Vinci

Madonna of Foligno by Raphael

coolest exit ever

DON'T FALL!

a beautiful day in Roma

No comments:

Post a Comment