Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dinner Out

A quick detour from my weekend trip report. Last night, I hurried from my apartment to Piazza del Popolo to meet my high school friend's parents for dinner. As I walked by the Pantheon, I heard bells ringing so I decided to walk down that street. Lo and behold, I stumbled across Sant'Ivo, the church I'm writing my art paper on. It is gorgeous. I couldn't get inside the church but the courtyard was open. I have to go back on Sunday to get inside but I can't wait to see it. Then I proceeded to get a little lost, ending up walking past an "art exhibit" on the side of the street. The pieces were humorous and ironic. One was a few pennies under a piece of glass with a sign: Break in case of emergency. I might go back tomorrow to check it out.

Anyway, I spotted my friend's parents and we posed for a picture. We went to dinner at Antica Osteria Brunetti. I tried the squid (they made me!) and got spaghetti alla carbonara. It was very good and the owner greeted us warmly. The place has only been open a few weeks but it was homey and good. It was late by the time we left. ( I also had two desserts: creme brulee and tiramisu.) They walked me to the tram and we said our goodbyes as the doors shut. I am so extremely grateful for that dinner! It was nice seeing them and talking to different people!




No comments:

Post a Comment