Friday, April 19, 2013

Two Days In One

Let me tell about yesterday and today's adventures. I didn't do much today so I'm combining with yesterday. First stop was the church of Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza. I'm writing my art paper on it and so I stopped by to write a description about the facade. I spent a while there until heading to Piazza Barberini (I took the most indirect route.). The Bernini fountain there was under construction so I headed to San Carlo to check out another Borromini church. After, I decided to get gelato at San Crispino. It was rich and creamy but expensive. I tried caramel and ginger & cinnamon. So good.

Today I headed over to Prati, the neighborhood next to the Vatican. It reminded me more of Philadelphia than Rome. The streets were in a grid and straight!! I walked around and got more delicious gelato at Gelateria dei Gracchi. This place was so good, probably better than yesterday. I tried the pine nut and dark chocolate. I was the only non-Roman there. I definitely recommend going there. I walked along the Tiber, where I run sometimes. I took the bus back to my apartment and that was my day. I was tired from all the walking and the heat.

Sant'Ivo

Spanish Steps

Gianicolo

hi there

Tiber

Tiber

No comments:

Post a Comment