Monday, April 29, 2013

Guess Who's Coming to Rome?

So guess who I found in Rome this morning?? My dad!! My first two classes were cancelled so I was able to show him around and we even went places I never went to before. We saw the church of Saint Cecilia and wandered around Trastevere. We ordered pizza by the slice for lunch We went to Isola Tiberina and the Jewish ghetto. We finally made our way back to AUR. I went to class and my dad went to his hotel (probably to sleep). We met up for dinner at Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere. We found a restaurant and I got spaghetti a cacio e pepe. It was very good. Then we walked back--my dad to his hotel and me to my apartment. It was a long day but once I get through my quiz and class tomorrow morning, I'm free until Monday!

Maderno's Santa Cecilia

Church of Saint Cecilia

Already acting like a Roman!

Bernini's turtle fountain

occupied since the 1980s

No comments:

Post a Comment