Saturday, April 6, 2013

Assisi: Pax et Bonum

Today, I went with AUR to Assisi for the day. Assisi is almost perfect. The weather was great, the colors were bright, and the town was quiet. There weren't any beggars or aggressive sellers. I felt safe in Assisi. The old town was small so it was easily walkable. The little side streets stemming off from the main drag lead to small churches and picturesque views. I don't play favorites, but Assisi is probably one of my top places in Italy. It is a medieval city like Viterbo but with more peace and color. Assisi is known for its saints which sounds more appealing/holy to me than Viterbo's corrupted papacy elections. It was a well preserved medieval town and the weather was much nicer. I really liked Assisi!







Pax et Bonum--the catchphrase of St. Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment