Saturday, January 26, 2013

Il Gatto Restaurant

So I haven't done much picture taking since that first night (actually none at all). Yesterday was super busy, just with AUR stuff to do and to attend. I ran at the park again--definitely stood out. I was the only one in shorts and a t-shirt. Hopefully the AUR running club works out for me so I'll have people to run with. Sal and I are going for a run tomorrow, maybe to the Tiber. He's joining the club too, so i'll know someone! But I diverge--we had a safety and security meeting yesterday morning. An US ambassador came to talk to us about not making stupid decisions. Then we had AUR orientation--just the basics about the school, Rome, etc. Afterwards, we had to walk to AUR to get some tasks done. (The meetings were at a church down the street from school--we got lost.) I got a Italian cell phone--very basic. I had to wait to get my student ID for awhile because it was lunch break. Then I could scan some documents to get my permit to stay. I was finally done. Back to the apartment!

Around 7:00, I walked to Steve and Sal's apartment. It was literally 3 minutes away, which is great. However, they wouldn't answer the buzzer/I wasn't holding it down long enough, so I began to worry  Eventually I got in and we met up with Katie and her flatmates to go to dinner. The restaurant was filled with cat-decor. (Cody, you'd love it.) Cats everywhere--on the menu and on the wall. No real cats, though, thank goodness. I ordered a pizza with squash or zucchini on it--couldn't read the menu or tell when I ate it. It was very good. We then went out for a little, back to Steve and Sal's apartment, and then I went home. I was very tired and it was past my bedtime (11:00).

I want to tell you about my class schedule dilemma but I have to go to the welcome BBQ now!! Ciao for now!

my bed

No comments:

Post a Comment