Wednesday, January 23, 2013

To Roma...

So here I am, just sitting in the airport waiting for my flight...that's in 2 hours. Goodness, why did I have to get here so early? Anyway, I am already regretting all the stuff I packed. My back is killing me because my backpack is filled to the brim with books and my laptop. I don't really feel nervous anymore. I think it is because this whole thing feels surreal. I can't believe I am going to Rome. It feels like a dream.

I guess I have gone a long way since I first traveled. I wanted to show you some pictures but I didn't have time to scan and upload them. I went London as a wee little kid--not much to remember. My first real memory of travel was when I went to Atlanta with my dad for the Final Four in 2002. Wow, eleven years ago. Then, I went to Germany in 2006 for the World Cup. That was amazing. While I was in my awkward stage (haha yeah, go ahead and make the joke about how I haven't left), it was such a fun and interesting trip. In 2008, my dad, brother and I fly out to Eugene, Oregon, for the Olympic Track Trials. Oregon is beautiful. Hmmm, I am sensing a pattern here: trips that revolve around sporting events. I went to San Diego last week and now Rome today. No sports involved but running will definitely help me learn the layout of the city. I am so excited. Eeek!

Well that will be all for now. I had been counting down the hours all day long. What's two more hours? Ahhhhh. That is pretty much all I can say. Ciao everyone. See you in May. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment