Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Lover of the Light

Last night I went to the Mumford and Sons concert in Rome with Katie, Steve, and Sal. We had to take the tram to the bus to the metro to the bus just to get to the venue. I really didn't mind--the trip wasn't long and I was excited. The line to get in was very long. We had to pick up our tickets at will call, along with a lot of other people. I was very nervous about the ticket--what if they need the credit card information or they didn't have it?? But it all worked out. The opening band wasn't really my taste--kind of too loud and repetitive. I was there to see Mumford so it didn't matter. When they finally came out, it was crazy. Everyone was signing along. They were great live--it was just a better CD version, more animated. It was if the CD was flat and the concert was 3-D, real life. Does that make sense? They played a mix from both of their CD's. Overall, they were great. I can't really describe it.

However...(But what does she have to complain about? She went to Mumford.) the venue wasn't great. I couldn't see the stage at all, so I was only really listening to what was going on. It was very packed. At one point, before Mumford came on, I really felt like crying, not in a good way. It was jammed packed, the guy in front of me was very tall, I had too much ice cream earlier, and my feet hurt. It got better but I was very uncomfortable the whole time. The show was great but it could have been better, you know? It had nothing to do with Mumford though.






No comments:

Post a Comment