Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The New Pope

Steve and I were on the bus home tonight, talking about the Pope. We both agreed that they would pick him tomorrow. We wondered whether we should have gone to the Vatican tonight, but we were confident that it'd be tomorrow. Goodness, we were wrong. I ran around my apartment like a crazy woman, trying to get all my things together. My roommates ran around after me, trying to get their things together. We all ran to Steve's apartment, ran to the tram, and ran from the tram to the Vatican. We did a lot of running. But it was well worth it. Streets were packed with people and cars. There were police and people everywhere. It was exhilarating running towards St. Peter's, knowing I'd be there for history. It was hard to see but it was still amazing. Pope Francis I came out, speaking Italian. (I caught a few words, here and there.) There was cheering and chants. And then everyone left. Sal, Steve, and I made our way closer to St. Peter's. We passed many languages and ages. So cool. Wow, it was amazing. Just being there was exciting.


 






PS--And you thought you were going to get another post about midterms and rain in Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment