Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Little Prince

Busy morning today. I went to Porta Portese market--a big flea market held on Sundays in Rome. It was huge and crowded with very cheap stuff. I'm not a good shopper--if I question something, I don't buy it. So I walked around, taking in the whole thing. I then hopped on the tram to go to church. The gospel was about the prodigal son, which I hate that parable. But I was able to get some orange juice and cake afterwards, which was nice. As I was walking back to the tram, I stopped at Despar (a grocery store) and picked up a salami sandwich and a soda. I was hungry and I needed to break a twenty if I was going to buy things at the market. I headed back to the market where I bought desert boots (I'm so excited right now) and The Little Prince in Italian. I want to immerse myself more in the language. Yesterday, Greg recommended I read the circular for the grocery store to pick up on some words. I can understand some things (some number and phrases) but not nearly close to understand conversations. I mean, if I'm at the grocery store, I can figure out what the cashier is saying but that is from habit, you know?

cute store near Argentina--but really, Peanuts in Italy?

No comments:

Post a Comment