Saturday, March 16, 2013

Busy Saturday

So I had a super packed morning to get everything done before Mumford (!) tonight, St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, and London on Monday. Well, I ran, through laundry in, and hurried to catch the tram. I went to Piazza Navona to see Chiesa di Sant'Agnese in Agone. I walked around Piazza Navona, headed to Campo de Fiori, walked through the Jewish Quarter, and finally arrived at Il Vittoriano. I took the elevator to the top--some amazing views up there. I could even see the people on top of St. Peter's! It was all very cool, but I needed to get home to eat and prepare for the busy next couple of days. It was nice having a (sort of) set schedule and then spontaneously walking down a road or into a random church.

Oh! But when I was on the tram, there was an older guy who was definitely making verbal advances to this girl next me. I was super uncomfortable and I don't even know Italian. She didn't respond at all to him, which I think was a good move. But it was icky. When he got off the tram, she heaved a sigh of relief, and I looked over at her to smile. We shared a common moment of relief that the guy had left.

Piazza Navona

Four Rivers Statue

pasta

Campo de Fiori
Campo

the synagogue
 
that's me

Via del Corso

the Colosseum

Forum

Roma

Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment