Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break London: Part 4

So I'm going to combine Friday and Saturday into one. Friday, we visited the Peter Pan statue! I really like Peter Pan so I was excited (it was my top to-do in London). Then we took a bus to the Tower of London, got a tour from one of the beefeater guards, and saw the crown jewels. It was kind of miserable out--much colder than the other days. Then we walked along the river to the Millenium Bridge where we crossed to see the Globe. It was thankfully closed so we just snapped a few pictures and hurried back. Back on the bus, we headed to King's Cross. I went to Platform 9 and 3/4--I made it to Hogwarts! Just kidding. After that, we walked to Camden Market. So many shops and stalls. I bought myself two tank tops. Then it was another bus to meet Katie's friend for dinner. Sal and I "offered" to look for him in the underground station and we actually found him. It's a funny story. Ask me to tell you sometime. My burger at dinner wasn't to my liking but I'm glad I tried something new.

Saturday (my birthday!) we decided to split up to do whatever we didn't have time for during the week. I went to Portobello Road Market. So cool. I didn't have much pounds left so I just got two  Notting Hill Shopping Bags--hand drawn designs. I also got hot chocolate for a few reasons: I was cold, it was snowing, and it was my birthday. We all met back up at the hostel to head to the airport. Overall, it was a great week and I hope to go back to London soon!

Peter Pan!

tour guide



Tower Bridge

Globe


going to Hogwarts


Portobello Road

No comments:

Post a Comment