Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Support for Kristen and Project Appalachia

On Friday, the La Salle community was asked to wear red in solidarity for the service group that went to Appalachia. On their afternoon hike, they took a wrong turn and ended up lost in the cold for many hours. They went through such a trying time there and everyone was shaken up after what happened.  I can't believe it. For me, not even there, it is shocking. I can't fathom what they are feeling. My roommate Kristen went on the trip. She is the nicest person ever and I am so sad that I can't be at La Salle for her during this. But I'm sending my thoughts to her and the other students. But even though  Steve, Katie, and I can't be on campus to wear red, we decided to wear red here in Rome. It was the least we could do to spread the awareness of the seriousness of the incident. Well, I know Kristen reads this (when she isn't participating in a million activities), so I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you! I'm thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment