Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Churches Galore

Class today took place at three churches: Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Basilica of Santa Prassede, and Basilica of San Clemente. They all had crazy, beautiful mosaics that sparkled gold. But being made of marble, I was freezing in them! Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed them, especially because these buildings concerned biblical and religious references. I was able to understand more fully than the pagan art we looked at previously.

Rome today had a transportation strike. They happen quite frequently but I have never been affected by them before today. Thankfully, buses and trams seemed to appear whenever I needed them! Must of been because I went to church on Sunday. The H bus showed up as I was headed to the churches. I had to wait a wee bit for the 3 tram but after that, it was smooth sailing. As I got off the 3b bus, the H bus showed up to take me home! No long walks or waiting for me!

Santa Maria Maggiore

Jesus' crib??

Santa Prassede

Santa Prassede

Colosseum

Santa Clemente

No comments:

Post a Comment