Sunday, February 24, 2013

Prague: Czech It Out

So I went to Prague this weekend with Steve. It was much fun except that it was freezing cold and snowy. Friday, we went on a walking tour of Prague, saw the John Lennon wall, went to the Jewish Museums, and just saw the city. Saturday was heavy snow so we just went up to Prague Castle, saw the US embassy, and unsuccessfully tried to get into a palace (we walked around the whole wall without finding the entrance). The snow and cold were pains so I didn't get to enjoy strolling around Prague. On my run this morning, I ran uphill in a foot of snow to the top of Petrin Hill. I really wanted to visit it on this trip so I decided I would run up it no matter what. There's a monastery, a fake Eiffel Tower, mirror mazes, and gardens, although to me, it was just snow. But the views were spectacular of Prague Castle and the city below. Goodness, I love great views.

Prague itself was very beautiful. It was like being in a fairytale--much different from Rome. The houses were many colors and the roads were cobblestones. Not many cars either. Especially under a blanket of snow, Prague was very picturesque. I think it would look lovely in the spring/summer also. For food, we ate breakfast and dinner. Breakfast on Friday was a buffet at the hostel, so naturally I ate everything there. My other breakfasts were snacks that I had brought. Dinner every night I had potatoes and chicken/pork. We were all about the deals.

We had two mottos for the weekend: "Czech it out" and "I'm cold." Wait, funny story. We were on the flight to Prague (Czech Air--so nice) and Steve asks for "woo-der." The guy had no idea what he was talking about. Ahh, Philly accents. Steve realized and then asked for "wah-ter." Oh man, so funny.

Wenceslas Square

Prague Castle and Charles Bridge

Lennon Wall

Kafka Statue

St. Vitus Cathedral

snowman

Prague Castle

Petrin Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment