Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lost In San Lorenzo

My Thursday adventure took me to Cimitero del Verano, aka the biggest cemetery in Rome. I don't know why I like cemeteries so much but I do. Maybe because they are quiet and peaceful? Or maybe because I'm weird? Whatever the case, this cemetery was huge. And a little creepy. There were cats all around (monster cats that could eat me) and crows up in the sky. Not only did I get lost getting to the cemetery, I also got lost in the cemetery. I thought that this would be the worse place to die because I'd have to spend eternity there after walking around for an hour. Next stop? Gelato baby. I took the 3 tram somewhere and walked until I met up with my directions. I couldn't find the place I intended to go but I followed a horde of Italians into Ciuri Ciuri. I got a small cup of cannolo and setteveli, with cream on top. This might be blasphemy, but all gelato tastes good to me. Whatever. So I found myself near the Colosseum and hopped on the 3 tram to head home.


mean kitty






No comments:

Post a Comment