Thursday, February 7, 2013

Musuem Thursday

Time is flying fast. I have been in Rome for two weeks already. Absolutely crazy. On Tuesday, my class went Museo Nazionale Romano: Palazzo Massimo. The pass gained us a three-day access to the other Museo Nazionale museums. That is what I did today--I went to the three other museums. First on my list was Palazzo Altemps. The sculpture collection was held in this beautiful old home. I liked the building better than the statues, but I'm not really a big sculpture person. Next, after getting so lost, I went to Crypta Balbi. Here they unearthed layers and layers of Roman buildings throughout the ages. Finally, I went to the Diocletian Baths. Most of this was a museum about writing but the structure where the baths were was huge. It was crazy. After that, I took the bus back to my apartment. I like having no class on Thursdays. It is a nice time for an adventure.

antique motivation from Palazzo Massimo

Palazzo Altemps

building of Palazzo Altemps

Crypta Balbi

Michelangelo Cloister at the baths

museum at Diocletian Baths
Diocletian Bath

No comments:

Post a Comment