Thursday, February 21, 2013

Run Along the Tiber

Thoughts on my run this morning:
  • The Tiber makes the Schuylkill look so clean.
  • Someone could murder me!
  • Maybe I could write a mystery novel about a runner being killed along the Tiber.
  • What if someone pushed me into the Tiber?
  • I would just float downstream and then get out and run again.
  • But you can run faster than the current.
  • I'd swim to the other side.
  • That tree stump looks like a person!
  • This reminds me of The Road.
  • Where are the steps I took to get down here?!?!
  • I don't remember running by this!
Well, as you can probably guess, I ran along the Tiber this morning. The path is about 30 feet below street level and about 2 feet about the water level. The Tiber floods easily so there was a lot of soot and mud on the path. There was also really nice graffiti (is that an oxymoron?). Other than that, it was an uneventful run. But today I'm going to Prague!! It is going to be so cold and snowy but extremely beautiful in the snow! I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment